ACE Group Faculty
Qualifications, training, accreditation
- 1969 RGN (SRN)
- 1995 BSc (Hons) – Health Studies (Manchester). First Class Honours
- 2001 Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health (FRSPH)
- 2007 Independent Nurse Prescriber. (INP)
- 2009 Civil Expert Witness Certificate (Cardiff University)
- 2015 LLM. Masters in Medical Law and Ethics (De Montfort University). Merit
Membership of Organisations
- Member of the Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- Co-founder and President British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN) until 2013. Now Honorary Member
- Member of the Medico-Legal Society
- Register of Expert Witnesses
- National Expert Witness Agency (NEWA)
- Board member of the British Association of Sclerotherapists (BAS) until 2017. Now Adviser to the Board and Honorary Member
- Working Party BACN writing aesthetic related documents including the revised Competencies, a mentoring framework for nurses in aesthetic medicine, and standardised consent forms.
- RCN working party. Consent for all nurses on the UK NMC register
- Faculty member Aesthetic Complications Expert (ACE) Group World
- Foundation member and Treasurer Company of Nurses
- Fitness to Practice Panel member Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP)
- JCCP Stakeholder Council Committee member
Training, qualifications and accreditation as an expert witness
In 2009 I became an accredited civil expert witness with Cardiff University. Since then I have attended ‘An Update to Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules’ (2009) by Bond Solon, a conference ’Cosmetic Surgery Litigation (2010) by Lexis Nexis, seminars on ‘Managing Complaints’ (2012), ‘Record Keeping’ (2012), BACN conference ‘Legal and Risk Management Issues’ (2012), a ‘seminar on ‘The Implications of Montgomery for Healthcare Provider’ (2015) by Capsticks and The Annual Bond Solon Conference’ (2015). I attended the Bond Solon Masterclass on Report Writing in October 2016 and the Bond Solon Conference in November 2017. I attended the Bond Solon Masterclass on Courtroom Skills in April 2019 as well as their annual conference in November 2019. I attended a webinar by Inspire Medilaw on the consent process in June 2020 at which Nadine Montgomery was present.
During the course of my work in clinical negligence I have completed 44 reports with an almost equal split between claimants and defendants with one criminal. I have attended court (NMC) on three occasions.
Awards, accolades and other professional responsibilities
Designed an award winning multidisciplinary study which changed the delivery of diabetes care in 1995. Osler lecturer and medalist at the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries 1996 (DHMSA). I was nominated as Finalist in the Aesthetic Medicine Awards 2013. I was awarded the Schuco International Lifetime Achievement Award 2015. My work in raising clinical and academic standards in my specialty, as well as my legal work was cited.