ACE Group Faculty
Sharon Bennett RGN NIP
Sharon has worked in medical aesthetics for over 25 years, is current chair of British Association of Cosmetic Nurses and a UK mentor and national trainer in advanced cosmetic injectables.
- Top 10 UK Cosmetic Practitioner, Tatler Cosmetic Guide 2015.
- 2018 My Face My Body Award . Special Contribution to the Aesthetic Industry.
Sharon is a well known and established specialist cosmetic practitioner in the UK . She has set up, managed and advised cosmetic clinics in both London and overseas. In 1996 Sharon introduced Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers (Restylane) into the UK market and has a special interest in the ageing face, facial lifting and skin restoration using dermal fillers.
She has been extensively trained in aesthetic medicine and has undergone continuous professional education in many areas, including: dissection, anatomy, injection techniques, examination, skin conditions, complications, adverse events and prescribing. She has an advanced level of understanding of the treatments required to benefit the patient and she practices holistically, looking beyond an individual wrinkle. She spends time with her patients and places great importance on listening hard, giving detailed consultations and clear explanations of any suitable treatment.
Widely respected within the industry, Sharon is a regular journal contributor and conference presenter, giving live demonstrations and sharing her knowledge and expertise.
She has led the UK editing task force committee on the British Standards Institute/European Standards Committee Draft standard for Non Surgical Aesthetic Medicine.
She has co-authored and published The BACN/ Royal College of Nursing aesthetic nursing competencies, which cover the various treatment modalities in this area of medicine.
Country trainer for a large Global manufacturer – Aesthetic division.
When it comes to aesthetic treatments Sharon is a firm believer in the natural look and her philosophy has always been ‘less is more’.
She tells her patients, “When you walk out of our door you are a reflection of my skills”
Her specialist areas of interest are injectable treatments, lips and facial lifting.
Sharon is also highly knowledgeable in many other areas, including: skin rejuvenation with Botulinum Toxins (Botox®), radio frequency, skin needling and problematic skin conditions.
In 2010 Sharon returned to university to become a Non Medical Prescriber. This gives her the same prescribing rights, within her specialty, as a doctor and offers patients at Harrogate Aesthetics access to a full range of prescribed treatments and complete care before, during and after treatment.
She is a Mentor for the Aesthetic medicine course at Northumbria University overseeing students and currently undertaking a MSc in Non Surgical Aesthetics at Northumbria University.
- Chair British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN) (April 2014- current)
- British Standards Institute/ CEN Non Surgical Medical Standard UK Editorial lead
- Editorial Board Aesthetics Journal
- Steering committee Cosmetic Conference and Reconstruction Expo
- Member of Royal College of Nursing
- Member of British Association of Cosmetic Nurses
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Member of the Association of Nurse Prescribers
- National Trainer and Presenter in Injectable Fillers for Pharma Company.
- Oculo Facial Aesthetic Academy – Trainer -Prevention and Management of Complications with Injectables.